Exercise 7: Slow Speed Flight, Maneuvering Flight, & High Speed Flight
S = 200 ft 2
CLMAX = 1.5
Aircraft Certified Aerobatic Category (-3, +6) G
1. Find Stall Speed (KEAS) at 1 G, 0 deg AOB.
2. Find Stall Speed (KEAS), level flight 70 deg Bank Angle (~2.9 G).
3. Find Positive Limit Load and Positive Ultimate Limit Load of Given Aerobatic Aircraft-Max Gross Weight = 15,000 lb.
4. Find Maneuvering speed (Va) of given aerobatic aircraft W=15,000 lb.
5. Find Turn Radius (r) and Rate of Turn (ROT) of aerobatic aircraft performing level sustained 4 G turn at 250 KTAS .
6. Using Figure 14.10 from Flight Theory and Aerodynamics, find Bank Angle to fly a standard rate turn (3 deg/sec) at 250 KTAS.
7. Name four different design features for supersonic aircraft.
8. What is rate of turn (ROT) and turn radius(r) of Pitts doing 3G turn at 110 imph (indicated statute miles per hour)? Assume Pressure Altitude of 6,000 ft Standard Temperature. Convert to imph to KTAS. Assume no compressibility issues and not knowing the position errors, assume KCAS = KIAS; also, not knowing the temperature, assume a standard day at 6000 ft; therefore, KEAS =KTAS Compare your mathematical answer of rate of turn (ROT) to that of the aircraft aviation video link (Time the 3G turn of 360 deg and then divide by 360 to get deg/sec)?